Information on the processing and protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR)
If you have contacted Ekopolis Foundation by e-mail, you have signed our collective comment or other signature action, you are our donor or you are a visitor to our website, you entrust us with some of your personal data.
This information about the processing and protection of your personal data explains who we are, how we process your personal data and what your rights are in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are?
We are a foundation – Ekopolis Foundation:
- Registration number: 203/Na-96/89
- Business ID: 00631736
- Tax ID: 2021108661
- Bank account number: SK31 7500 0000 0003 2652 8163
We are located at Komenského Street 21, 974 01 Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic. We are the processor of your personal data if you have provided it to us. This means that we are responsible for their protection and the way they are processed.
We make sure that we process your personal data in accordance with the relevant legal regulations (in particular the Personal Data Protection Act and the GDPR Regulation) and this information. According to the law, if we have personal data at our disposal, even if we no longer handle them in any way, it is also considered as the processing of personal data. For example, if you write us an e-mail and we have your name and e-mail address.
How can you contact us?
You can contact us regarding the processing of your personal data:
- preferably at the email address email@example.com,
- /Fax: 048/414 52 59,
- Tel: 048/470 10 92 or 048/470 10 94 or 048/470 10 95,
- or by mail: Nadácia Ekopolis, Komenského 21, 974 01 Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
When do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data if:
- you have signed our collective comment or other signature action,
- you have supported us financially,
- you have participated in an event we have organized,
- you contacted us via e-mail,
- you are a visitor of our website,
- you have entered into a volunteer agreement or other agreement with us.
In most cases, you have provided us with your personal data and consent to their processing yourself, for example by signing our signature actions, collective comments, sending a donation or on another occasion. In some cases, the provision of personal data is directly required by the legislation of the Slovak Republic.
What personal data do we process?
- In most cases, we process your name, surname and e-mail address.
- In some cases, we also process your telephone number and address or other personal or business contact information. This is common information that comes from our communication with each other.
- If we have a contract together, we process your personal data to the extent specified in the contract.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
- to answer the questions you have sent us directly,
- communication with our supporters, donors, volunteers or people who are interested in our activities regarding their support and our follow-up activities,
- managing our website and our social media accounts in order to display the content of the site and accounts as efficiently as possible, based on testing and data analysis,
- if you are in a contractual relationship with us (e. g. a donation agreement, a volunteer agreement, etc.), we use your personal data specified in the agreement for the purpose of fulfilling the agreement.
On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data mainly on the basis of the consent you have given us.
If you are our donor, have supported our activities or signature actions, and in this way have expressed support for our activities, we consider it our legitimate interest to inform you of what we do. We also derive our legitimate interest from the public benefit purpose of our foundation and from the goals and vision we have set. Informing the public about the societal issues and issues we address is essential to achieving these goals, and we consider it our legitimate interest to inform all of our supporters and thus to disseminate this information.
If you have a contract with the Ekopolis Foundation (e. g. a donation contract, a contract for work), we process your data on the basis of a contract.
Our website can also be used in a mode that does not allow cookies. You can set it in your browser. In this case, the functionality of our website may be limited.
Personal data processing time
We only process your personal data for the time necessary for the duration of their processing.
Security and protection of your personal data
We protect the personal data we have at our disposal as much as possible against their leakage, misuse or harm. The files that contain personal data are password protected, only a limited number of Ekopolis Foundation staff and associates who have been trained on how to handle and protect them have access to them.
Provision of personal data to third parties
To secure certain activities (for example, commenting on draft strategic documents and legislative regulations), we use the designated products and services of other entities. These are called intermediaries and may come into contact with your personal data. They are:
- Ľudia ľuďom
We provide personal data of employees and volunteers, which we obtain and process for the purpose of payroll management and accounting processing, to a professional accountant, and at the time of the inspection also to the auditor. The legal basis for the collection and processing of personal data by these entities are the legal obligations imposed by the legislation of the Slovak Republic. In addition to our intermediaries, we may disclose or make available your personal information at the discretion of a court or other governmental authority entitled to request disclosure or access and in accordance with an obligation imposed by applicable law.
Place of processing of personal data
We process personal data in the countries of the European Union.
With regard to the protection of your personal data, you have broad rights:
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data that we process. In this case, we will delete all your personal data that we have from the databases operated by us and our processors. We will do so within 30 working days of receiving your request.
- If something changes on your part and your personal data is no longer up to date, you have the right to ask us to correct incorrect personal data that we process.
- You have the right to limit the purpose or scope of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to ask us for access to your personal data that we process. And we will provide you with your data processing within 30 working days.
- If you wish to take your personal data from us and transfer it to another entity, we will provide the data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format within 30 days.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data that we process for the purpose of legitimate interest and also for the purposes of direct marketing.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. We will not process your personal data once the withdrawal has been received. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing we performed prior to its withdrawal.
- You have the right to file a complaint about the illegal processing of personal data. You can contact us at any time with your complaint, or you can submit it to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Komenského 21, 974 01 Banská Bystrica.
Please note that before we provide you with any information in this regard, we are entitled to ask you to complete your data and information in order to verify your identity.
Office for Personal Data Protection
If you feel that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can contact the Office for Personal Data Protection with a complaint. However, we will be very happy if you contact us first in such a case and we will readily eliminate any shortcomings.
We assure you that our employees and associates who come into contact with your personal data are trained on how to handle personal data in order to ensure maximum protection and are bound by the confidentiality of personal data. This continues even after the end of our cooperation. Apart from our employees, associates and intermediaries, no third party has access to your personal data, only if this is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you provided us with personal data (e. g. signing a collective comment, which is then sent to the relevant institution).
This information on the processing and protection of personal data is valid from 25 May 2018. Any future changes to the information provided above will be posted on our website.